Sunday 13 May 2012

Zombie Pin-up Embroidery - Work In Progress!

Hey folks! I have started my embroidery now, having got hold of the hoop to stretch the canvas.
I have to confess I'm a little late in posting this up and am almost finished with this part! I am really pleased with how it is turning out, I'm mostly using satin stitch here so it is a lot like colouring in the lines!
I hope to embroider more than just the zombie as I feel it will look a little bare when turned into a fancy lined and partitioned tote for summer usage.
I might try some other embroidering techniques as well to help achieve a good understanding of all the basics.
You can refresh your memory of the original drawing here.




It goes to show that you should never worry about trying something new, just jump in and give it a go - you might just surprise yourself!

No comments: