Tuesday 3 July 2012

Pinterest Project - Socktopus


I saw these cuties on Pinterest and just had to! I mean, how could you not when they are so simple?

All you do is hunt out those old/odd socks, long ones work better, snip the foot part of the sock off (unless you are using tube socks or even old tights), turn it inside out and sew a running stitch along the top and pull closed (secure it with a few stitches through the middle). Stuff with scrap fabric, toy stuffing or even carrier bags. Sew closed and snip the rest of the sock into 8 strips for the legs! Add facial features and any other embellishments and you are good to go!
Took about 20 minutes each (I was not hurrying, you could probably do them quicker) and now I want to cut up all of my socks!
You could take it further with the embellishments and use a plain sock to decorate.


Not bad hey?!

2 comments:

Wendy Bayford said...

These are very cute and would make great gifts for kiddies, my friends have soo many I will have to keep this in mind for Christmas as it would be great to have something quick to make last minute...The Boyfriend will have to keep a weather eye on his socks :) x

Lucy said...

Thanks Wendy! They make a good cat toy as well especially with some catnip put inside :) xx