Monday 29 April 2013

Totoro Tote Bag!

One night when I was feeling super blue and was unable to sleep, I decided to be pro-active and crochet up this cheeky little fellow! I didn't use a pattern (and unfortunately I was not in the right frame of mind to have even thought to write down what I did) but it was a straight forward double crochet (US single crochet) extended oval base and then rounds of treble crochet (US double crochet) until I reached the desired height. I used treble crochet for two long straps. I appliqued the eyes, nose and belly (with yarn used to make the little arrow bits) using felt. The bag is also lined using scrap t-shirt fabric. I keep meaning to make him some whiskers so the poor people who have no knowledge of this magnificent beast stop thinking he's an owl.


What a cutie!


No comments: