Sunday 1 September 2013

4 Suprising Places To Buy Yarn!


 Hello everyone!
Just a quickie here, but I thought I would share with you four places to buy yarn that you wouldn't have expected. Well, I can't promise that every store stocks it but it is certainly true for the ones in my town :)

1. Wilkinsons! Yep, the high street fave stocks yarn. Not the largest selection but you can still pick up some cheap DK weight for a bargain price, £1.35 for 100g according to their website.

2. B and M Stores - They had a good variety of colours, if memory serves right they stocked 100g DK and Baby yarn. Their website doesn't list it but I don't remember it being expensive.

3. Poundland - They stock DK weight in several colours, both in plain and sparkly. They are 3 for 2 and 50g balls. I have used this yarn and it is quite nice.

4. The Works - They stock a few different types of yarn, off the top of my head there is 100g DK and the yarn which is thin with pom pom type balls on it (I can't think of it's proper name!) along with another novelty type yarn also. The DK is £1.25, I'm not sure about the rest.

Are there any places you buy yarn that you wouldn't expect to find it in? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Poundstretcher have a surprisingly wide range too I found out today. Our local one has baby DK, DK, aran and fancy bobbly scarf-knitting types in a pretty wide range of colours, including variegated ones and sparkly colours. £1.99 for a 150 gram ball on the DKs I looked at.

Lucy said...

Thanks for the heads up! I think there are two poundstretchers in Lincoln, I will have to go and investigate what they have in store :) 150g balls are a good size as well, don't think I have seen them in any of my usual places.